Color correction can be the difference between your project looking like a home movie versus being shot by a professional cinematographer. Great color correction and grading can give your film a consistent high quality look and feel that serves the tone and mood of your story. Let WMM handle your color correction professionally at a fraction of the cost because you only pay for that artist and not the overhead of a large facility.
HOW IT WORKS:
After you fill out the form below, we'll contact you with a quote for your project and discuss the tone and feel you're hoping to achieve. Once approved, we'll get to work and submit to you a draft of your project ahead of your deadline. There are two rounds of notes are included in each price quote.
$100/hr (estimate 1 hour per 1 minute of screen time)
WHY GO WITH US?
- Free DCP included.
- Rate includes exports in all the formats you need.
- We have experience working on a wide range of projects from short films and indie features to commercials and series for major platforms like Netflix.
- We've streamlined our process and have a straightforward approach to notes and billing. We will only charge you for the time spent working on your project, not the software or fancy gear.
OUR NOTES PROCESS:
- 1st round of notes is open to an unlimited number of notes.
- 2nd round of notes pertains only to anything that was mentioned in the 1st round of notes.
HOW TO KNOW YOU'VE HIRED THE RIGHT COLORIST FOR YOUR PROJECT:
- They know how to get your project into their software and back to your editor, whether that’s by XML from Avid, Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, or Resolve. If your editor is having a hard time delivering to your colorist or sound designer, WMM can solve that problem for you here.
- They can match shot to shot. Making your shots match within a scene is almost more important than managing a look. A good colorist will take what your cinematographer already shot and accentuate it in the best possible way and make everything flow together seamlessly. Color correction shouldn't stand out or be distracting. The best colorists quietly make the cinematographer’s work look amazing and don’t do anything flashy unless the narrative specifically calls for it.
- You can give them your deliverable specs and they’ll know what to get back to you graded in the correct color space. For instance, if they know your deliverable is for YouTube only, they won’t try and charge you for a high end theatrical grade.
- MAKE SURE THEY GET ALONG WITH YOUR PICTURE EDITOR. Your picture editor and colorist will be working together closely and need to get along and understand how the other works.