The right soundtrack or the perfect song choice can morph any project or scene into an experience your audience will never forget. We can help you find the best music to fit your budget, negotiate the fees and terms, execute licensing paperwork on your behalf, and edit music cues for your film, advertisement, television show, trailer, promo, video game, or any other form of visual media project.
Synchronization and master-use clearance services are charged on a per-song, per-project, or hourly basis. Charges vary based on the complexity and amount of music to be cleared. Tell us a little about what your music use is and we can provide an exact cost for our services.
AVAILABLE MUSIC SERVICES:
- Spotting Sessions – We'll work with you to define where and what type of music cues best fit your project.
- Synchronization License Clearance – We will free you from the headaches of navigating the complicated legwork involved with contacting music publishers.
- Clearance Fee Terms – Let us negotiate sync fees for the usage of the copyright holder's music.
- Master Recording Clearance –We are able to contact master recording rights holders to obtain clearances for use of their recordings.
- Musician Contracting - We can provide professional musicians for on-camera performances, live or miming. All looks, all instruments, all styles.
- Musical Instrument Coaching - We can provide experienced professional musicians to coach your actors to believably "play" any musical instrument on-camera.
- Sound-Alike Music - Is there a well-known song that you'd love to have in your project but is cost-prohibitive? We can create sound-alike tracks to fit your budget.
- Custom Compositions - Do you want music with a specific combination of instruments (for example, just flute and bongos)? We can custom-compose music and create bespoke arrangements with your musical vision in mind
- Licensing - Once you are happy with the license fees and terms, WMM will execute all paperwork and licenses on your behalf.
- Music Editor Services - If needed we will edit any of the music you choose to enhance the intended emotional impact and make the most musical sense.
- Cue Sheets - WMM can prepare and submit the music cues sheets which are required by all music PROs (Performing Rights Organizations - ASCAP, BMI, etc.)
Our Music Professionals:
Mark Towns is a seasoned music industry professional with over 25 years experience composing and performing music with some of the biggest names in the business. His experience with virtually every musical genre as a musician, producer, arranger, band leader, record label owner, and production music library owner has provided him with a broad and encyclopedic music expertise and a sophisticated knowledge of music licensing and negotiation.
Mark Towns is a member of the L.A. Professional Musicians Association (Local 47, A.F.M.), National Association of Recording Arts and Sciences (voting member – Grammy Awards), American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP writer and publisher member), Latin Association of Recording Arts and Sciences (voting member – Latin Grammy Awards), and the Jazz Journalists Association (international association of jazz print media professionals).